Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grease Lightning

Last week I noticed that Clara's cradle cap had returned (cradle cap = really bad baby dandruff). She hasn't had it since she was two months old but it came back worse than before. As an inexperienced mommy I went online to see what I should do for it and read that putting olive or vegetable oil on the scalp for a few minutes will loosen the flakes. In my "wisdom" I decided to use baby oil instead. I use it after every shower for my own skin. However the baby oil I have isn't really baby oil it is baby oil GEL (so it doesn't run all over the place) and it contains aloe and vitamin E.

"That's a brilliant idea, it should really moisturize her scalp," I thought.

What it actually did was really GOOP up her hair. These pictures were taken after TWO shampoos; her hair is completely dry.



The gunk came out of her hair after two more shampoos, one of which was with dish soap (yes, really!!). By shampoo number four Clara was pretty ticked off - we all know how long it took her to warm up to baths - but luckily that was the last one.
The good news: no more cradle cap!


1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard I am crying! So funny. Just tell her beauty (which she is) has a price.

    ReplyDelete