Tuesday, April 27, 2010

House Hunting

This post is about three weeks overdue. We are buying a house!!! The second week of April we took a girls trip (My mother, Clara, and myself) to Indianapolis to begin the search. I was set up with a realtor who I really like and who seems to really know his stuff; he is also an expert in purchasing HUD homes (homes that have been forclosed on). We looked at homes for two full days; poor Clara was so good. I was so grateful to have Mamaw there to help with her, otherwise I'm not sure what I would have done! Anyway I found a few that I liked and placed bids and one was accepted! We are still waiting for HUD to sign their portion of the contract - why is everything government-run (with a few exceptions) so inefficient?! - but as soon as they do we will be on our way. Here is a picture of Mamaw and Clara playing in the mirror of our hotel room - Clara likes mirrors. By the end of this trip these two were best buddies.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Hey, just fyi, I have two girlfriends from Ohio that will be in Indy with you. I think you may click with one of them. One has lived there for over 1 1/2 years and the other is moving in June.
    Email me if you want their contact info. At least you guys could email each other.
    ~Rachel
    rachel.o.freeman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A house! Congrats! What fun you'll have decorating!

    We can definitely relate to the inefficiency of the government. 4 years in the Air Force and we are WELL aware!

    Good luck with closing and the move and all that!

    ReplyDelete