Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Fun

Clark caught Clara and I playing with our "blocks." Okay they are not blocks they are empty plastic cups but they are still stackable and PRETTY. They also make great noises when you knock them over. At the time, Clara wasn't quite sure what to do with these things when they are stacked in a big pyramid but now she is very excited to knock any structure mommy builds down - usually before it gets very tall. Banging them together has also proved most entertaining.

I have recently introduced Clara to the pool. We go to the YMCA almost every day (though this week has been difficult with all the rain and thunderstorms). The first day she was a little uneasy but every day since she has played in the water like an old pro. We spend about the same amount of time at the pool as we do PREPARING for the pool but it is well worth it. Pool time = sleepy babies. This is Clara all tuckered out from splish-splashing in the sun. Don't you love to watch little ones sleep; so precious!

4 comments:

  1. I love the swimsuit pic! So priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the new pics! She is still beautiful.
    -Can I just tell you how happy it makes me when I see Clara escaping the blankets I made for you in your pictures. Makes me feel like I got something right. Hate to think I give useless gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! One of the things I like best about the summer: being outside and swimming = tired kids from all that fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber - your blankets are the BEST. Just the right size, not too heavy, and very soft; we love them!

    ReplyDelete