Saturday, May 15, 2010

Giggles

They happen at the most random times with the most unexpected words and gestures. I'm not sure exactly what she found so funny - the words, the sound of my voice, the toy? I was lucky to have the camera handy because the novelty soon wore off.




On another note, Clara has decided that she is a vegetarian. I tricked her into eating turkey with sweet potatoes but that is just because she LOVES sweet potatoes. Both the chicken and the beef are met with gagging - literally, she gagged. I can't say that I blame her. Gerber chicken smells like tuna ( an acquired taste) and the beef smells like SPAM (or at least what I imagine SPAM to smell like, I don't think I've ever really opened a can). Anyway, she was disgusted. She didn't want to swallow it and she is too polite to spit it out so she just held it there on her tongue, open-mouthed and crying . . . which then led to choking and coughing and pureed beef splattered everywhere! I wish I had a video of that; it was really quite comical if you are not grossed out by SEEfood.

3 comments:

  1. So adorable! I just love seeing Clara grow! It makes me sad to see how fast she's grown, tho: they stay so little for so short a time. Part of me doesn't want to see Elliana get bigger, but at the same time, I can't wait to hear her giggle and jabber, too!
    Love ya,
    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had much better luck by making my own fresh baby food. My food processor is my most valuable possession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clara is so sweet! I hope I get to meet her before she gets too old!

    ReplyDelete