Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chicken Fingers


My precious girl. She thinks that she is a big girl and should sit up or stand all the time. This Boppy pillow is perfect for propping her up but I still have to watch her to make sure she doesn't get stuck slumping forward while inspecting her toes. Toes are tricky. This next photo is only funny if you know how hard Momma has worked to prevent this very thing. I've tried mittens on her hands, swaddling her so tight that she can't move her arms (though she could definitely show Houdini a thing or two), and introducing a pacifier (because a pacifier can be taken away, a thumb cannot - at least not in this country). In this photo she has wiggled her way out of Mom's straight jacket, and discarded the pacifier. I guess my next move is that stuff that makes your fingers taste bitter?

2 comments:

  1. So adorable and frustrating. I too am a swaddler and Ben can always escape. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's really going to town on her thumb! She's got half her hand in there! haha, cute though!

    ReplyDelete