Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This is for my mother







I've been kind of anti-personal pictures since I've been pregnant. It is hard enough on the ego to outgrow your clothes and look at your expanding body (not just belly) in the mirror; do you really want documented proof for all to see? Sure it is natural and beautiful - blah blah blah - I just prefer to admire this natural beauty in someone other than myself. Plus I just never remember to take pictures (another reason I'm a terrible myspacer, facebooker, and most likely blogger).

As a result I really don't have too many pregnant pictures. My mother keeps telling me that I need to take a picture of myself before I have the baby because later I will want to see how I looked or maybe the baby will want to see (not sure which). Mom lives far away and would also like to see what her daughter looks like pregnant. So this one is for you, Mom. I'm sure I will be glad that I took your advice once I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight (or less). First one was taken in August, then September and the last was today (one week from due date).

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah!!! (sung!)
    I'm so happy you've started a blog! I think you might end up surprising yourself; blogging is nice as a mom - a way to connect with friends/moms when you are at home so much of the time w/o the social interaction. I blog much more than I facebook; I figure if people are interested, they're coming to me, rather than me pushing a message on their profile.
    Anyhow, I love seeing your pregnant pics! You look simply wonderful! Seriously, you look great, which is absolutely no surprise.

    I really hope you don't have that baby 'til the 21st too! I can't imagine facing the possibility of laboring without my husband - that's a tough thought. So I hope it works out perfectly! That's great that your mom will come out for 2 weeks too - SO helpful :) I bet she is so stoked! Grandbaby #1!!

    If I don't talk to you before you have this Little Babe, best wishes! I pray your health and Baby's health will be good throughout everything and that you can feel as prepared and pain-free as possible right now.

    So excited you're officially a Mama!

    Loves-

    Breski

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous preggo! So cute and glowing! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete